Tuesday 23 August 2011

Le Traiteur, Beckenham, UK

It was a hot sunny day in the suburbs when I popped into Le Traiteru on Beckenham high street. As a food place I had heard good things and a friend even worked there in the past, she was an Aussie so I expected excellent coffee to boot.



The coffee didn't look too bad with a light frothy crema floating on top but it was over-ridingly bitter in flavour. To its credit it had real knock your socks off strength and even a little sweetness but that can't avoid the fact that the taste was pretty foul. 


There was one final bright moment to my visit, a large coffee costs £2.00, they charged me £1.50 for a short double so either I was lucky, they were generous or you have have to pay 50 pence for hot water.



  • Double shot black americano, drink in
  • Strong
  • Bitter
  • Frothy crema
  • size medium
  • £1.50 

A pretty poor tasting coffee.  I don't see much hope for Beckenham but I will persevere.


Map
http://www.cuisinegroup.co.uk/






No comments:

Post a Comment