Tuesday 10 August 2010

Taylor Street Baristas, Brighton, UK

I can’t wait to the end to say this is possibly the best coffee I’ve had in Brighton so far. Appearing on the world Baristas London map of coffee shops Taylor Street Baristas is known and respected. I had drunk one cup before but I was preoccupied and didn’t think too much of it. I was wrong to do this and I feel I have cheated myself.

Almost making the same mistake by eating a pear I  cleansed by mouth with water before beginning. It had smelt good on the way in and I had taken a few sips of lid spillage which were sweet and smooth.


When I truly began to drink I immediately knew that it was good. A robust well rounded flavour hitting all the right notes, a good strength and no weird aftertaste. Their website informs on the type of grinder and machine they use which is perhaps going too far but shows the love they have for coffee. The barristas were clearly well trained, fast and efficient in their service, precise and skilled in their coffee making. The beans were sourced from Union Coffee Roasters.

  • Small Black Americano
  • Strong
  • Smooth taste, a good balance of the sweet, bitter oil that should be coffee
  • A pleasant after taste, creamy
  • Good Crema
  • Small cup
  • £1.50

A superb coffee, superior to many in every way. This is a coffee for the man on the street and the coffee geeks.

Map
Includes amusing home page text about good and bad coffee.
@taylor_st

No comments:

Post a Comment